Saturday, July 17, 2010

Smoking Kills for Real!

Posted by BeautyGUMBO at 7:00 AM

I don't Smoke but some people I care about and love do, It amaze me how some people go natural but smoke cigarettes. It also amaze me how some people don't eat meat but smoke. The only reason I looked into this was because on YouTube some Happy to be Nappy Ladies will bash the hell out of relaxed ladies. Its like a big contradiction to me. But I do wanna thank the people who do smoke and dont Blow it in the non smoker's Face!


Chemicals In Cigarettes
The chemicals in cigarettes and tobacco smoke make smoking harmful. Tobacco smoke contains over 4,000 different chemicals. At least 50 are known carcinogens (cause cancer in humans) and many are poisonous.

Cigarettes are one of few products which can be sold legally which can harm and even kill you over time if used as intended. There are ongoing lawsuits in the USA which aim to hold tobacco companies responsible for the effects of smoking on the health of long term smokers.

Chemicals In Cigarettes Chemical Description
Benzene
(petrol additive) A colourless cyclic hydrocarbon obtained from coal and petroleum, used as a solvent in fuel and in chemical manufacture - and contained in cigarette smoke.
A It known carcinogen associated with leukaemia.

Formaldehyde
(embalming fluid) A colourless liquid, highly poisonous, used to preserve dead bodies - also found in cigarette smoke.
Known to cause cancer, respiratory, skin and gastrointestinal problems.

Ammonia
(toilet cleaner) Used as a flavouring, frees nicotine from tobacco turning it into a gas
Often found in dry cleaning fluids.

Acetone
(nail polish remover) Fragrant volatile liquid ketone, used as a solvent, for example, nail polish remover
Found in cigarette smoke.

Tar Particulate matter drawn into lungs when you inhale on a lighted cigarette. Once inhaled, smoke condenses and about 70 per cent of the tar in the smoke is deposited in the smoker's lungs.

Nicotine
(insecticide/addictive drug) One of the most addictive substances known to man, a powerful and fast-acting medical and non-medical poison.
This is the chemical which causes addiction.

Carbon Monoxide (CO)
(car exhaust fumes) An odourless, tasteless and poisonous gas, rapidly fatal in large amounts
The same gas that comes out of car exhausts
The main gas in cigarette smoke, formed when the cigarette is lit

Others Arsenic (rat poison)
Hydrogen Cyanide (gas chamber poison)

All infomation found at Quitsmoking.com
If you dont stop for you do it for your love ones, Who wants to see someone die from lung cancer? Its so painful to stand by and watch....
Join Smoke Free http://www.smokefree.gov/

6 comments:

Unknown on July 17, 2010 at 8:52 AM said...

This is such a great post! Thanks for sharing :)

1xellus1 on July 17, 2010 at 9:21 AM said...

Smoking kills. Not just the smoker, but the 2nd hand smoke kills as well. I have seen non-smoking spouses with predisposition to heart disease die of congenital heart failure before their smoking mates. I have seen asthmatic children suffer because adults in the home smoke. Unfortunately, from time to time I must close my windows & not enjoy the breeze because thoughtless smoking neighbors are chillin & puffing away. People who smoke often are oblivious also to the trash, carlessly flicking the buds on the ground or in our lawn. Many people are unaware of the toll it takes on the skin & contributing to premature aging re: beauty. This is an awesome post. Thanks for sharing.

roxy on July 17, 2010 at 12:01 PM said...

I despise smoking. My dad smoked for many years and had a heart attack when he was in his 50s. Thankfully, he survived it and has quit smoking since then.

Smoking definitely kills.

roxy
http://roxybeautyblog.blogspot.com/

The Diamond Diva on July 19, 2010 at 9:36 AM said...

Great post!! I really enjoyed reading this. BTW love your blog!!

http://diamonddivasteph.blogspot.com

BeautyGUMBO on July 19, 2010 at 3:22 PM said...

I am so glad you ladies didnt get pissed at me, I was looking at stuff on google and I was like hell if I smoke! My BF be killing me in the car will not no dam more.. LOL

Unknown on July 25, 2010 at 4:47 AM said...

Hello,


I'd appreciate if you can give me some feedback on our site: www.sarisaheli.com, I would love to exchange link with you,

I realize that you are busy :), but I'd like to hear your opinion/feedback on our sarisaheli.com site.

Thank you,
Suniti

 

BEAUTY GUMBO Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates