Thursday, July 1, 2010

Boredom!!!

Posted by BeautyGUMBO at 7:28 PM
So what do you do when your 1 happy thing becomes your sad thing?
Like it was just a few years ago I found these amazing women and Men on YouTube. To wake up and say I just don't wanna! I mean make a video that is, I haven't been in the mood for making vids Nor watching them That's a first! I love some of the people I watch and the other half are just getting my Black girl vote. Only because its like watching a race who's gonna do it firsTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! LOL Like the reviews don't bother me the testing out and freebies that some people get I happy for them because people don't understand video making gets Pricey! Okay Lets recap I went threw 1 PC 1 Laptop Now to be On a touchscreen. I went threw 1 Kodak, 2 samsung's 1 JVC and who know whats next. Okay Now this is where the dollars add up I don't care if you Buy 40 drugstore eye shadows to somebody's 20 High end eye shadows It all add's up to you spent your dam money!


At the end of the year add it up you spent that down payment on that dam Lexus you wanted Yes cold hard cash. My first year of youtube was mostly Drugstore and faded quickly because we are limited in this small town. I spent 3200 from March- December of 2008. In 2009 I spent a little better 2700 I bought mostly Mac and a few drugstore items I also paced myself last year only because I wasnt addicted like the first year. This Year so Far I spent Maybe a good 600 dollars in Makeup. The last few months I been playing with hair products and thats taking up my money at the moment! LOL
I just kinda miss being newly addicted because you just want and go! Right now I feel like I could close y account and not look Back! Serious....

6 comments:

Coilybella on July 1, 2010 at 10:34 PM said...

Hi Dear,
Honestly, making videos on youtube is fun but if it makes you spend money unnecesarily, then I would say, take a break from making videos or close your account. Making videos should be a relaxing hobby. You should not have to buy stuff just to satisfy viewers on youtube. You can just make creative videos, like doing makeup looks or styling your hair, instead of those hauls..lol
Hugz,
Tinuke

BeautyGUMBO on July 2, 2010 at 12:37 AM said...

Thanks Tinuke, I like hauling in the since of it helps people see the product. But I should havent to buy what somebody else want me too. Like what do I do with it afterwards? LOL
And your right I just get worried now like if I lay with my hair will it be a problem. When I do old things I used to do Ill get rude comments and you know its some day Body making up a fake account.

1xellus1 on July 2, 2010 at 5:29 AM said...

Hey Lady,
Just like w/ everything, we are always progressing & moving on to the next thing. For our family, we get tons of use out of our PCs & laptops, other than just YT. Homework, movie watching, shopping, paying bills LOL, all kinds of stuff. For the cameras, we love documenting the accomplishments of the kids & trips etc.
I left YT for a lot of reasons (making vids). I'm just blogging now. That's a lot of work as well! I enjoy my makeup collection. I enjoy my mini hauls. I use or share what I'm not feeling, so I don't feel like it's a waste.
The anonymous people who leave rude comments are straight up COWARDS! LOL like u said a long x ago, bet they wouldn't come on your porch w/ that. Seriously.

I support the sisters on the tube, they're doing the thing! Now, I'm mainly watching while I'm getting ready to go somewhere, or working out. It's just that, hobby viewing, entertainment. As far as cultivating serious relationships on there...not so much, as people are creating a persona they want us to see. Not like in real life.

Loving ur hair documentation lady!

~Sha

JoolsVoiceOver on July 11, 2010 at 5:29 PM said...

Hi Hon

I am with you at the moment, I whizz through the majority of vids now and hardly watch any at all. Between the people pretending to be someone they are not, the stepford wives and barbie dolls and then the downright fraudulant it's not as fun as it used to be.

Jools xxxx

Eriko on July 13, 2010 at 1:55 PM said...

Girl,

I thought I was the only one who felt that way. I've been gone from yt (and the internet in general)for 3 weeks and I've saved so much money AND time! What used to be fun became an addiction that would easily bleed any bank account dry. I've learned not to keep up with the makeup jones', makes me happier!

Regardless of what cha do from here on, I hope it makes you happier and richer! ;)

yummy411 on July 17, 2010 at 9:57 PM said...

truth.com!
i'm not on youtube (yet), blogging's hard enough!

i look at my makeup collection and think how that could really be in my son's savings for college or something! =( shame! but! i do freelance, so that is what i hope will give me the return on my ridiculous investment!

 

BEAUTY GUMBO Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Illustration by Enakei | Blogger Blog Templates